Tuesday, February 28, 2012

                          Flower vase gets a new look with rubber bands and silver spray paint.
Tin upcycled with spray paint and water slide sticker can be used as a flower or plant container. 
Button stamp fail.



A simpler way to reuse wine cork is to make them into plant markers. 



In theory, making a stamp from a wine cork and a button, is a simple 
way to upcycle corks and save money.  It probably works if the button used has a carved surface that allows stamp ink to adhere to it.  My own experiment with this was a failure, as the photo above shows. I glued a heart-shaped button to a champagne cork and once the glue dried, I inked the button and applied it to paper. Since the surface of the button was too slick to collect ink. The image did not transfer t the paper. I might try again with a different type of button, but I find that wine corks work better as the plant marker shown above.
Spray painting a homely glass vase with Rustoleum Silver Bright was a more successful venture. I wrapped four rubber bands around the vase in order to mask the areas I wanted to leave unpainted. I think this turned out well and it is a good match for my mercury glass candlesticks.
I have posted photos of repurposed, painted tins before, but for my latest  project I used a  water slide sticker of heirloom roses. I will use the tin as a planter. I might attach to the tin a wire handle that will make it easy to to hang it well above the seven feet vertical space the deer in the resident herd can reach.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment